Customer Service Representative
Index -> Customer Service Representative
REPORTS TO: Sales Team Manager
PURPOSE: To assist customers in their purchasing decisions by providing detailed information along with product samples and pricing. Provide any and all on-going follow-up necessary to close the sale. Also responsible for receiving orders and completing the appropriate job jackets and artwork forms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answer incoming calls from customers who require more information prior to purchasing. This information includes, but is not limited to: samples, pricing information (quotations), and product research requests in addition to up-selling and cross-selling to increase order size.
- Place follow-up calls with customers when clarification of orders and/or samples is needed.
- Process quotations to orders by completing job jackets and artwork forms.
- Effectively articulate product information, features, and benefits.
- Ensure all orders are processed within customer’s specific time lines.
- Accurately enter customer purchasing information on a PC based order processing system.
- Effectively communicate with vendors and internal customers regarding samples, order status, and resolution of problems.
- Ensure customer art is forwarded to art department within required timeframe.
- Answer incoming calls in a timely manner and according to department standards.
- Responsible for meeting and maintaining performance objectives and goals.
- Participate in training classes and actively seek professional development.
- Detail oriented
- Proficient on computers and Microsoft Outlook
- Dedication to superior customer service
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Initiative/follow-up skills
- Interpersonal understanding
- Exceptional oral & written communication skills
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Analytical thinking
- Critical decision making skills
- Ability to handle difficult situations professionally
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- High school diploma
- Minimum 1-2 years sales/customer service experience
- Minimum typing speed of 30-35 wpm